DESCRIPTION: This is a cross functional, cross discipline technical leadership role. A successful candidate must effectively engage directly in four key areas: FPGA/Firmware, PCB/PCA and box/module/sub-assembly development as well as System Engineering design and verification. This individual, working closely with program stakeholders and design leads, will drive requirements definition and verification planning from the subassembly level down to the complex components on the circuit card assemblies. This individual will engage across the entire product lifecycle, from concept to launch, in a direct hands-on manner and must be proficient with firmware and board design and verification.
- Drive avionics hardware sub-assembly system engineering requirements definition, development, and verification; including design, power-on, validation, qualification and overall verification.
- Collaborate with architects, system engineering, and electrical/mechanical/manufacturing engineering leads to define, improve and implement hardware design and development processes across the entire life cycle of avionics subsystem hardware.
- Participate in board (PCB/PCA) design and verification activities; including schematic capture, layout, design review and release.
- Participate in complex digital circuitry (FPGA/CPLD, microprocessor and / or microcontroller) requirements definition, implementation, and integration and verification activities.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Computer or Systems Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Experience in system engineering role developing complex board and subsystem hardware on cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams.
- Experience using FPGA/CPLD/HDL combinational and sequential logic to monitor sensors and control actuators; including design, development, and verification.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Graduate degree in relevant engineering or other related discipline.
- System engineering experience in the development of safety critical hardware systems (complex modules, cards, and components) compliant with DO-254, requirements definition and verification.
- High-reliability board design experience using Cadence OrCAD and Allegro, including working with external design manufacturing vendors.
- FPGA/CPLD design and verification using ALDEC Riviera or Modelsim simulators; Verilog / System Verilog; and Xilinx, Altera, Lattice or similar hardware.
- Programming and scripting skills: System Verilog, TCL, Python, Linux shell and Windows batch scripting, C / C++, and MATLAB / Simulink
- Digital Signal Processing and/or Control Theory design and implementation using FPGAs, CPLDs and/or microcontrollers/microprocessors.