DESCRIPTION: You will lead the avionics hardware team responsible for development, integration, and delivery of special test and electrical ground support equipment (EGSE). Products include EGSE and test racks for our Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) test facilities, the test equipment used for functional checkouts and environmental testing of board/box-level Avionics, the test equipment used for functional checkouts of vehicles/stages, and the EGSE used in the field during operations for powering/communicating with our vehicles at remote sites.
You will evaluate COTS solutions where appropriate and help design custom systems where necessary. You will develop comparative metrics and assess potential concepts while considering manufacturability, operability, performance and recurring cost. You will prioritize the work to be performed, focusing the team to complete trade studies and concept evaluations, and coordinate the presentation of findings and recommendations.
- Define technical and business processes and guidelines for the Avionics Hardware Test and EGSE team
- Lead and coach team members
- Prioritize design and analysis tasks for the team
- Guide high-level avionics hardware functional requirement derivation and technology development
- Coordinate and track team engagement across elements and the organization
- Perform analytics on data to drive business decisions and iteration on team products
- Anticipate business needs and provide associated proposals and system solutions
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- 10+ years industry experience in space and launch systems development and operations (across subsystem, element, and system levels)
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and managing small, creative teams on fast-paced projects
- Ability to lead a team to produce results with partially defined requirements and changing criteria
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Customer-oriented, continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information
- MBA or MS in engineering management
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication, integration processes, quality and configuration management systems