DESCRIPTION: As part of a unique and highly-skilled team, you’ll help expand human access to space. In this hands-on position, you’ll assist in maintaining our facility and equipment which includes: HVAC, sprinkler and fire detection, security system, minor electrical, communication and plumbing (both air and water) you will also be assisting in the equipment upkeep required to maintain our facility. Your passion for space means you’re committed to the necessary quality and attention to detail required to support human space flight.
- Perform a wide variety of general and skilled maintenance activities (e.g. general clean-up, carpentry, painting, and electrical) to complete projects within established time frames.
- Carry out daily task rounds of equipment checks (Compressors, water systems, HVAC and pond maintenance).
- Repair and maintain facilities and equipment in-house or assist with contracted efforts.
- Interface with outside vendors and suppliers to solve challenges as they arise.
- Organize shop and facility supplies for easy access keeping track of inventory and re-stocking.
- Coordinate with skilled tradesmen and engineers to efficiently complete projects and work orders.
- Repair furniture and building system components to ensure a safe working condition.
- Assist with deploying furniture systems during in-house moves.
- Perform daily work order tickets as they come up.
- Coordinate equipment mobilization and demobilization with project leads.
- Coordinate equipment rental and purchase with outside suppliers
- Document activities by preparing written materials (e.g. repair status and activity logs).
- Source, order and confirm receipt of project materials.
- Help identify and acquire outside resources necessary for project support.
- As skills develop you will be asked to run minor construction projects gathering quotes, preparing cost estimates for presentation and seeing the project through to completion.
- Some off hours (Nights/weekends) work will be required and you will be added to the weekend “on call” rotation.
- 5+ years of relevant practical experience in an industrial facility setting.
- Knowledge of industrial facility infrastructure and familiarity with industrial safety.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien.
- Purchase Order experience
- Experience managing multiple sub-contractors to complete projects
- State licensed electrical certification to a 07 level or better