DESCRIPTION: Blue Origin is developing the next generation launch and space vehicle manufacturing facility on Florida’s Space Coast at our Orbital Launch Site Manufacturing Complex. As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will lead a team of technicians and manufacturing specialists in machining, forming, welding, cleaning, testing, and other manufacturing methods for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of bringing hardware designs to reality by operating and programming manufacturing and test equipment by established work instructions, design standards, and quality requirements. The Production Services group team members directly interface with, and take daily production direction from, process and product teams. We put a strong emphasis on hands-on technical ability, as our leaders are directly involved with projects and problem-solving, and manage through active engagement with the team. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Oversee technical aspects of production services including assessing manufacturing methods and techniques, coordinating with product / manufacturing engineering to select production equipment, overseeing installation of production equipment, and auditing product quality and personnel safety
- Build and manage the Production Services Team, including developing resource plans and profiles, authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring recommendations, assigning tasks, conducting performance reviews, and reinforcing the importance of safety
- Project group expenditures and budgets, including developing estimates for materials and capital assets
- Interact with groups and departments outside of manufacturing including launch and space system engineering, product development, and operations
- Assure continued training and skills development for team members, and mentor early career team members
- Conduct manufacturability and producibility assessments with manufacturing and engineering, under direction of the Production Integration group
- Represent Production Services group in program and technical reviews, as required
- 15+ years’ experience working on production lines heavily involving a range of manufacturing methods and techniques, in both leadership and hands-on roles; experience on aerospace production programs a plus
- A college degree in aerospace, mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering; physics, or other major requiring engineering or manufacturing core courses is a plus
- Must be able to set a high hiring bar while evaluating and hiring top talent
- Extremely customer focused with strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with teams of diverse skills across large geographic distances
- A continuous improvement mindset. Our job is never complete; we are always optimizing.
- Intense curiosity for understanding the details of our business and how to optimize it
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills, and a proven ability to drive complex projects with minimal oversight
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder)
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive salaries, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will review all qualified applicants for consideration of employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, religion, or disabilities. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.