DESCRIPTION: Become an integral member of the engineering team dedicated to the development of HDL solutions for space flight avionics. Support new and existing solutions while helping define design assurance processes for programmable hardware. Activities will include developing requirements with cross-functional teams, writing HDL code targeted for design and verification, hands-on testing, and integration of FPGA designs in various avionics systems. Participate in a challenging and rewarding work environment to shape the future of commercial space flight!
- Work as both a FPGA design and verification engineer in a dynamic environment to produce avionics equipment for spacecraft.
- Participate in design and architecture decisions for modules and FPGAs.
- Participate in Hardware Process Development and Improvement.
- Implement HDL design and verification blocks using Verilog / System Verilog.
- Participate in all phases of FPGA design Flow (Synthesis, Place & Route, and Timing Closure).
- Bring-up and validate circuit boards and FPGAs in lab.
- Bachelor or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- Willing to contribute as an individual and as part of the team to share responsibility for development of safety critical systems.
- HDL Experience with Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL or VHDL-2008.
- Experience with FPGAs and CPLDs from vendors: Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi (Actel), and/or Lattice.
- Experience with FPGA design and Verification Tools.
- Experience Integrating embedded systems.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Experience with Riviera, Modelsim, or Questasim simulators.
- Experience with Synopsys tools for design.
- High-reliability design and verification.
- Understanding of Datapath Pipelines, State Machines, Arithmetic Operations.
- Experience with advanced verification techniques: Assertion-based Verification, UVM, and Constrained Random Verification.
- Programming and Scripting skills: C, C++, TCL, bash, PERL, Python, batch, MATLAB
- MATLAB / Simulink Autocoding to HDL
- Control Theory implementations on FPGA / ASIC
- Digital Signal Processing on FPGA / ASIC
- Familiar with DO-254 or other development process