DESCRIPTION: As part of a unique and highly-skilled team, you’ll participate in the development of space launch vehicles. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for project support within a fast-paced group of companies developing human space flight. In this hands-on position, you'll work to increase the speed and efficiency of our programs, by supporting the timely delivery, quality and transparency of data to support the company’s business decisions.
- Partner with the business to assist and ensure the timely delivery and requisite transparency and quality of financial data to support the company’s business
- Act as primary department resource between accounting, business planning, contracts, program management, and operational management on financial and performance issues.
- Drive program financial accountability by assessing compliance with program budgets, interrogating decisions with large financial impacts, and tracking key financial metrics.
- Act as a business and financial sounding board to managers within programs to enable better decision-making and operational excellence
- Oversees the development, analysis and maintenance of:
- Strategic and operating plans as they relate to financial statements and business cases
- Performance results, variance analyses and understanding of operational and financial performance
- Financial performance variances; identifies, analyzes and reports results; performs risk and opportunity analyses and provides potential solutions; works with program to develop recovery plans
- Financial performance measurement baselines (including elements of EVM)
- Financial forecasts for the program and its various elements
- Resource forecasts (labor) and estimates at completion (EACs) at the element and program level
- Detailed 1-year budget and 5-year forecast for the program and its various elements
- Documents and communicates financial objectives, performance, variance analysis, issues and actions.
- Supports the program with
- Development of 5-year plan for the program
- Development of estimates and pricing for proposals and other data analyses (risk, financial, etc)
- Preparation of data for contracts, proposals and agreements, and customer requests for information
- Review of business cases for large financial expenditures (e.g. CAPEX)
- Supplier Management/Procurement: cost/price analyses of supplier proposals for procurement of material and capital expenditures; supplier source selection; supplier financial and operational audits
- Resource planning, budgeting and financial management (including estimating and pricing), and supplier management and procurement
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline such as Business, Finance or Accounting and ten (10) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in accounting/budgeting/finance, and knowledgeable of US GAAP and IT accounting issues.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, earned value management system procedures and application.
- Experience performing budgeting, estimates at completion, revenue recognition, forecasting, earned value, planning and applicable analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics and statistics, analytical aptitude, strong oral and written communication skills. Familiarity with estimating and pricing procedures, audit methods, and MS Office.
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or permanent resident alien
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or a science field
- Experience and knowledge with industry pricing software.
- Experience in finance in a government contracting/government cost accounting environment preferred.
- Experience in industrial, manufacturing or highly-engineered product companies
- Understanding of applicable federal acquisition regulations plus a strong knowledge of current (TINA) disclosure requirements.
- General knowledge of estimating and pricing procedures, writing and audit methods; familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulations and Standards, and contracting requirements.