- Collection of Information
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
- Data Retention
- Users Around the Globe
- Your Choices
- Residents of the European Economic Area
- Any Questions?
Last Updated: February 12, 2019
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, such as when you sign up for our mailing lists, contact us to learn more about becoming an astronaut or supplier, or enter information into our customer and supplier portals. We also collect information that you may provide or input through the Services when you fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, submit media inquiries, apply for a job, send us comments or questions, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise interact with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, postal address, phone or fax number, email address, demographic information, and information about your career, specialization, title preferences, the name of the company or organization you belong to, country of residence, and interests.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources. For example, if you communicate with us through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from our interactions with you on that site, such as your name and any profile information you make available to us, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, as well as to provide you with information you request, process your employment applications, and send you materials as a part of our mailing list, if you elect to participate. We also use information about you to:
- Send you technical notices, notifications, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events including about Blue Origin, New Glenn, Engines, and New Shepard, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Blue Origin and others;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Users Around the Globe
Blue Origin is based in the United States of America and also processes and stores information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that information about you receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
If you are in the European Economic Area, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data to countries outside of the EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under EU law. You are entitled to obtain a copy of these agreements by contacting us using the contact information below.
You may review and update information about you by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails or by contacting us with your request at [email protected]. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Residents of the European Economic Area
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are in the EEA, when we process personal data about you we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use personal data about you to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, we may use your payment information to processing payments for providing the products or services you have requested.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing personal data about you. For example, we may process personal data about you to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- We have your consent to do so. For example, with your consent, we may add you to our newsletter and send you regular updates on programs that you are interested in including Blue Origin, New Glenn, Engines, and New Shepard.
- We need to process personal data about you in accordance with legal obligations we have.
Data Subject Requests
If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].
If you are in the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.